Universal Addictions and Interventions – with Steve Brugge, NCACII, BRNII, CEAP
This workshop will explore how addictions are universal and how learning new approaches can enhance the intervention outcome as well as the client/therapist relationship. Practical exercises will be presented that provide the audience with new tools that can be implemented immediately and be tailored individually. Topics will include:
- The History of Intervention
- Spiritual Malady
- Four Universal Addictions
- How do we generate hope within people?
- How is Intervention a catalyst for Healing?
- Are you Open-Minded?
- Why Alternatives?
- Participants will be able to identify a minimum of one Universal addiction.
- Participants will learn how stories influence the therapeutic experience and will be able to list a minimum of 3 story prompts for practical use.
- Participants will learn how to create a personal altar using images and how images have a powerful influence on opening the heart allowing for greater personal awareness.
- Participants will be able to identify a minimum of one ritual technique that aids in stress reduction.
About the Presenter:
Steve Brugge, National Certified Addiction Counselor, Board Registered Interventionist, and Certified EAP, is an experienced professional with over 30 years in the addiction treatment field. Whether as a counselor, clinical consultant, interventionist or mentor, his entire life is dedicated to recovery and countless people have been inspired and helped by his generous spirit.
Contact Steve at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doors Open at 9am for sign-in. Coffee and Refreshments served
Presentation 9:30 to 11:00
Optional Networking 11:00 to 11:30
Continuing Education: Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Course completion certificates will be available to attendees at the end of the presentation.
The Santa Cruz Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. The Santa Cruz Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. (Provider #62284)
Cancellation policy: There will be no cancellation refund for this program.
Special Accommodations: The Santa Cruz Chapter of CAMFT is committed to providing a presentation that is accessible to all who wish to attend. If you have a special need and plan to attend, please notify us at email@example.com or 831.429.7786. Requests must be made one week in advance.
Grievances may be filed with the SC-CAMFT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831.429.7786.
For any questions please contact the email@example.com or 831.429.7786.